an angel girl who’s girlfriend is a demon and at first they don’t want anybody to know but then god is like “my child do not worry about it it’s , as the kids are saying these days, “what ever”’ but satan is like “do I know this girl. let me meet her. is she a bad influence?” “dad she’s an angel” “damn I was really hoping she would be a bad influence”
Now you know the truth of what’s going through my mind at parties.
oh my gosh the last panel actually made me tear up
I can’t tell you how accurate this is
This is a really good depiction of social anxiety because it focuses on inner states rather then outward actions. As someone very good at concealing his anxiety, I appreciate it.
One of the things I hate is that if you aren’t bipolar, OCD, autistic, ect, it’s considered perfectly acceptable to be all “ha ha I look autistic” “feeling a little bipolar today”, but if you actually do have a mental disorder, then god forbid you talk about it, you attention-seeking over-dramatizing romanticizing monster.
You would be surprised with how many people in your life could be going through depression at this very moment. People hide it like a paper bag over their heads out of fear of being judged, made fun of, seen as weak, or just not taken seriously. Depression should not be taken lightly, it holds us down from our purpose and potential in life. Those who tell you that it doesn’t exist have never experienced depression in their life, therefore not understanding the symptoms and how it’s something that cannot be fixed in a day! So if you think you are depressed or if you think you know someone else who is, please talk to a friend, a family member, or anyone else in your life that you trust - never overlook the possibility of seeing a doctor for more professional help!! Your feelings are real, your feelings are shared upon millions. Don’t hide it, talk to someone about it. With the right help, you can rediscover your confidence and begin life anew with our undying love and support!
We are right here!!
1. Harriet Tubman’s birth name was Aramita (“Minty”) Ross. She was born enslaved in Maryland sometime in 1820.
2. Tubman escaped slavery with her brother, Ben and Harry, on September 17, 1849.
3. Tubman is most famous for her role as a conductor on the Underground Railroad, in which she led escaped slaves to freedom. Estimates vary, but Tubman is said to have helped anywhere from dozens to hundreds of slaves reach freedom. She was once quoted as saying, “I freed a thousand slaves. I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves.”
4. During the Civil War, Tubman worked for the Union army as a cook, nurse, and spy. She was also the first woman to lead an expedition in the war and guided the Combahee River Raid, which freed 700 slaves. Decades later, the raid would inspire a groundbreaking group of black feminists called the Combahee River Collective.
6. This year marks that 100th anniversary of Harriet Tubman’s death. Maryland has a series of commemorative events.
The last one really hits me. She had only been dead for 100 years. 100 years. Like, white folks are going on and on about how slavery has been over for hundreds and hundreds of years.
But here is an escaped slave who liberated countless others that only died ONE HUNDRED YEARS ago. This is not the ancient past. This is still living history.
Wow. This is so eye opening…..
I wish there was a better way to say this:
the way you yank smiles out of me like stubborn teeth
scares the shit out of me.
Campus police usually aren’t too bad and usually not real cops…depends on the school though.
I’m preeetty sure that the safety escorts are mostly student workers, but there are at least a few real cops on campus & if they’re available they’ll walk with you or give you a ride. I did meet the cops and chat with them briefly and on the surface at least they seem very nice and safe. I feel like the student-cops could be either better or worse… depending on what brings them to that position, y’know?